Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My Home After the Flu: One Hot Mess

Remember that "cute" story I told you last week involving puke and then vinegar? That story became really uncute when I came down with that same stomach bug Thursday. It wasn't one of those 24 hour bugs, either. My poor sore stomach is still recovering from that thing. Bleh! Just thinking of food still makes me a wee bit nauseated.

I say all of that to ask, WHAT HAPPENS TO MY HOUSE (read: apartment) WHEN SOMEONE IS SICK? It doesn't just get messy, it explodes- KABLOOM (lots of caps today, sorry.) Then it's like a complete battle to try and get on top of it again. Am I the only one who goes through this post-stomach flu aftershock of complete home disasterdom?

Just for a visual aid, here is my vantage point (unedited cell pic from my husband's phone) from my nursing station:

And that's not even the worst of it...in fact, it's probably pretty close to the best of it in this portion of the apartment. I'm not quite brave enough to show you some of the other areas! Right now I'm just tackling it the best I can with my kind of feeble body.

Here's my question- after a long/hard/nasty illness, how do you get back on top of things in the domestic sector?

No comments:

Post a Comment