Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

A Home Divided

We are living in a home divided. Literally if I could just find the masking tape! We're entering a new era of our lives and are modifying the cleaning schedule just a little bit. The same practices of cleaning on commercials, general house upkeep, etc. still apply but we're temporarily rearranging responsibilities.

Truth be told, the bending and picking up clutter is starting to kill my back. I mentioned this to my sweet husband and we came up with a temporary solution to alleviate just a little of this up and down off the floor craziness during my last trimester. We split up the apartment into these awesome "final months of pregnancy zones" as illustrated by my poorly drawn charts below:

Disclaimer: my spacial intelligence is pathetic, so our floor plan looks almost nothing like this.

Zone #1 - The upper portion of the horribly drawn floor plan.

Master bedroom, bathroom, hallway and kid's room are all my zones. I do the clutter control in these areas.

Zone #2 - The lower portion of the horribly drawn floor plan.

This is sweet husband's clutter control area. I was most glad to rid myself of the living room clutter control since it was constant up/down, up/down, up/down.

Now, sweet husband DOES work outside of the home and he works quite a bit. To balance this all out:

Deep Cleaning: The vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing, etc. of all areas of the horribly drawn floor plan.

This is what I do. He helps with the clutter, but I still do all of the deep cleaning.

The Laundry: Imagine clothes all over the horribly drawn floor plan. I clean them.

I do the laundry. This means the bulk of the housework is my responsibility, but he still hooks me up with clutter control in zone 2 for the next few months.

So far this seems to be working great! But, I'm curious- if one person is struggling with their household duties, how do you, oh reader, rearrange the jobs?

Join me next time when I talk about childhood labor. I'm going to share some great toddler chores!

Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment