Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

15 Tips to Make Your House Look as Amazing as Mine

Housekeeping, frugal living, cooking; my hobbies. When I say "hobbies" I mean that I am actually really bad at them and want to be way better at them. When I say "hobbies" I mean that I pin a lot of pins on Pinterest about these things. When I say "hobbies" I mean I Google lots of articles about them and think, "I want to do that!" I am able to come up with some legitimate solutions, sometimes. Cooking Once a Month is working out great (so far) and my homemade cleaning supplies are great. I also still try to clean on commercials, and I really am way better of than I used to be. Even so, I still have weeks like this where everything is a disaster and I feel like I'm sinking in it. I'm not gonna lie.

So, without further ado, here are 15 tips to make your house look as amazing as mine!

  1. Have your toddler throw dry oatmeal everywhere. If you don't have a toddler, just throw it in an indiscriminate manner in every room. Don't vaccuum for two days.
  2. Reuse your towels! By that I mean don't wash your towels and scramble to find one that was hanging over the back of a chair after your kid's bath last night.
  3. Spill stuff. Wipe it up, but don't realize it's still sticky till later when you set an important paper on it.
  4. Always have at least one thing crammed into the back of your fridge that shouldn't be there.
  5. Only get rid of the kid's cave art when the landlord is coming over.
  6. Mix your lights, whites and darks. (Husband commentary: "...and the reds.")
  7. Stack anything that doesn't have a place on top of the fridge.
  8. Clean out your oven infrequently enough that you have to Google how to clean out your oven when you do.
  9. Definitely do NOT put your cups/plates/bowls in the same order in the cabinet every time.
  10. Wait three months before deciding if old mail should be thrown away.
  11. I strongly recommend avoiding putting all your groceries away when you get home. Leave a few on the counter or table.
  12. Have a catchall drawer in every room where it's nigh impossible to find anything.
  13. If you don't feel like folding laundry, toss it in a bin or basket for later.
  14. Only do laundry once a week, or one load as needed. The as needed load goes straight into the basket/bin. (Husband commentary: "I think you're being too generous here.")
  15. Have 15 hangers for 45 items that need to be hanged in the closet.
There it is, folks! Now your place can look just as great as mine- you'll be a true work in progress in no time!

Have a great Wednesday!

Bethany

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I love this... I have a bunch and mine goes from decent to appearing it hasn't been cleaned in months within minutes!

    ReplyDelete